Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rock Soccer

Last night I had the pleasure of working the Rock Men's Soccer game here at Mihalik-Thompson Stadium. I also had a front row seat, because the sub table I was working was right behind the out-of-bounds lines.

Looking at the roster from Number 25 Notre Dame, I was a little concerned. 26 of their players reign from other countries including England, Spain, France, Brazil, and Australia. However, the Rock was able to beat this team 2-1.



Notre Dame took 22 shots to try and push past the rock, however, junior goalkeeper Steven Rerick had 9 (really impressive) saves to keep the Rock just ahead of the Falcons.

Mike Ilodigwe scored SRU's first goal by receiving a corner kick from George Oakley. Justin Minda was awarded his first goal while playing here at The Rock giving Slippery Rock the lead 2-1.

The victory gives The Rock a 6-3 overall record. The Rock will take on Bloomsburg University on Saturday at 1 p.m. at James Egli Field. Go Rock!

1 comment:

  1. I also attended this game. I thought it was a great match even though Notre Dame outplayed the Rock. I was happy to see the boys make the most of the few scoring chances they had and pull away with a win against a formidable squad.

    ReplyDelete